The new choices include BPA-free products; products with no added BPA or BPS; and materials that do not use any phenols during production.
These new FSC®-certified materials are designed to give greater flexibility to label converters and end users. It’s important to note that repeated studies of BPA by experts in chemical safety have been conducted in recent years, and no new restrictions have been announced. However, demand is still being generated by media reports and by concerned consumers.
All of the new materials are available with standard adhesive and liner combinations and Fasson® EXACT programmes will continue to be added on an ongoing basis. Trial materials and datasheets are available, making it is easy to transition to any of the new products.
- BPA-free materials use bisphenol S (BPS) as a substitute for BPA.
- AM282 - THERMAL 200LD BPA FREE S2000N-BG40BR
- AM187 - THERMAL 200LD BPA FREE S2045N-BG40BR
- AM281 - THERMAL 200LD BPA FREE R5000N-BG40BR
- AY573 - THERMAL 200LD BPA FREE S2020N-BG30BR
- AX865 - THERMAL 200LD BPA FREE S2020N-BG40BR
- AZ350 - THERMAL 200HD PLUS FSC S2020N-BG40BR
Taking things one step further, this portfolio offers products without added BPA or BPS and represents an excellent compromise – perceived as an even healthier and more socially responsible choice.
- AO396 - THERMAL 200LD BP FREE S2045N-BG40BR
- AS970 - THERMAL 200LD BP FREE R5000N-BG40BR
The ultimate option is provided by this portfolio, which uses no phenols at all during production. These products are FSC certified to also help meet sustainability targets.
- AW571 - @THERMAL 200LD NP FSC S2045N-BG40BR
- AY294- @THERMAL 200LD NP FSC R5000N-BG40BR
Established products will remain available until further notice.
* Products are manufactured without intentional addition of the chemicals in question. For further information, please contact your local Avery Dennison sales representative.